Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bringing in the New Year

It's almost a new year, and a new year brings new opportunities and change and excitement. This year I am going to try and avoid the typical resolutions, like eating better and working out more. I am shooting for life changes that will last and make a difference in my life. More sensitivity towards my husband, more patience towards my kids, more generosity towards my friends and neighbors. And it would be nice to have more chocolate in the house. You know, to replace all that wine that I can no longer have.
I want to start out the new year by helping people get fresh water. The RRLA Project has almost reached the half-way mark to building its own well for a deserving community. I know we can do this, and with your help we can reach our goal soon and get that well going! I keep picturing 250 people, who haven't ever known clean water, walking up to a brand new well in their town, and drinking. Drinking! Can you imagine what that must feel like? How their bodies would absorb the goodness and their thirst would be quenched? How such a simple task but yet huge worry would become easier in their lives?

I know we all give to charities throughout the year for different causes, and this may not be your cause. But if you feel called to give, just know that any amount helps. Cute story, Loudoun counted out $.78 from his piggy bank the other night and wanted to donate. I tried to use my credit card online, but it looks like the donation needs to be at least 1 whole dollar. :-)

Thanks for reading (if you got this far). If you have a moment in your day, please pray for this project, all of the water projects out there, and their success.

Robin Campbell
RRLA

No comments:

Post a Comment